Purpose: Performs a variety of tasks related to presenting/selling associated product lines to Prospects and existing Customers in assigned territory.
Territory: New England
Experience/Skills: Adequate vision with or without correction for verifying written detail. Able to lift and carry 40 lbs. safely; eye/hand/feet coordination sufficient to drive vehicle safely; able to travel in an assigned territory; able to participate in trade shows/conventions. Good math skills preferred. Good oral and written communication skills. Minimum computer skills to include working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Services existing accounts, obtains orders, quotes products, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential prospects.
2. Develop and maintains list of prospective Customers for use as sales leads. Continually builds Customer relationships which support GEC’s Business Partner philosophy.
3. Maintains personal contact by traveling throughout assigned territory calling on regular and prospective Customers to solicit orders.
4. Learns and develops skill in using company software including Epicor; MITS and MS 365 Suite of product
5. Displays or demonstrates product, using samples, classroom presentations, catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
6. Quotes prices and works with credit department on terms. Prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Develops skill with GEC order entry.
7. Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of Company’s production and delivery schedules.
8. Prepares reports of business activity and maintains weekly expense accounts.
9. Manages accounts receivable to meet assigned goals monthly.
10. Develops, maintains, and meets monthly specific performance goals as established with Manager.
11. Determines and meets Customer’s training needs. Conducts regular customer and employee training.
12. Promotes open, on-going communication with branch teams.
13. Protects and maintains assigned Company assets.
14. Performs work in accordance with all safety rules and regulations.
15. Attends and participates in Company sponsored functions.
16. Attends and participates in trade show and related conventions including setting up and taking down booths, and staffing the booth as assigned.
17. Conducts duties and always represents Company in a professional and ethical manner.
18. Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of products and regulations pertaining to our industries.
19. May perform other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
20. Plans weekly itinerary and distributes plan to regional team.