Would you like to work in an international company where you contribute to operational efficiency, as well as to the improvement of processes and activities both of an industrial nature and, above all, in the organizational structure of the different departments?
The primary mission of this role is to oversee project management, focusing on implementing and monitoring enhancements through the LEAN methodology across all company sectors to boost operational efficiency. This role requires providing expert support to the entire organization, enhancing processes and activities of both an industrial nature and, more importantly, the organizational structure within various departments.
The candidate will be actively involved in creating and refining the Continuous Improvement Model. Responsibilities include managing recognition and reward systems, promoting best practices, and conducting Benchmarking activities. Additionally, this role involves preparing and presenting scoreboards to senior management, highlighting achieved results and outlining future goals.
The position also entails coordinating both internal and external audits related to LEAN implementation and Continuous Improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will design and execute communication and information campaigns and actions. A critical part of the role is participating in and contributing to the design of LEAN methodology-based training, taking an active role as a Trainer.
- Assist to maintain efficiency and quality in the work setting through evaluating current business practices, looking for ways to improve productivity, reduce costs, and make the best use of the business's resources. This position reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Support the implementation of process improvement projects
- Exhibit and develop a high level of critical thinking skills
- Proficiently apply and train practical, team-based problem-solving methodology
- Facilitate the adoption of continuous improvement as a way of life, foster positive culture change
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and train others in the application of lean tools and methodologies
- Support cooperation, teamwork, and positive working relationships across all functional areas
- Autonomously identify and eliminate waste in productive processes
- Display and be able to train lean leadership behaviours
- Continuously develop skills and abilities in line with organizational goals
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a lean environment, KPI’s, 5S, 6sigma, Kaizen
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan.
- Demonstrated skills in interpreting technical data to support improvement recommendations;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (intermediate / advanced Excel) and other analytical applications;
- Resilience ability and proactivity;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Ability to work with vendors and employees at all levels of the organization promptly and professionally
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge and ability to train others in waste identification
- Ability to gather facts and analyze problems in depth
- Ability to support continuous improvement efforts on all shifts
What we offer
Join a distinguished group where you will hold a position of significant responsibility and autonomy. As our new colleague, you'll find yourself in a stimulating and diverse role within an informal yet dedicated work environment, where commitment and a good sense of humor are highly valued. Our company is continuously evolving, changing, and innovating, offering our teams the freedom to be proactive and creative. We provide genuine career advancement opportunities and are deeply committed to fostering growth and development.
The practical things
Your daily base will be at the South Portugal Region (Aveiras de Cima, Almada, Sines). Your working hours will be in the space between 8 am and 5 pm. You can start as soon as possible. Salary will be determined according to qualifications.
Are we a match?
Who are we?
MAKEEN Energy is a global, market leading company that engineers and delivers technological solutions for the energy industry. With over 3,000 people across offices in 23 countries and customers and activities in over 140 countries, we are highly conscious of our responsibility towards the planet, society and nature. That is why our focus is on responsible solutions that bridge gaps between current and future energy supply.
MAKEEN Gas Solutions is the MAKEEN Energy Group division for development, production and supply of solutions for filling and maintenance of propane and butane (LPG) cylinders and Services. As global market leader, we deliver anything from single machines to comprehensive EPC projects, and our worldwide service network ensures that our customers’ businesses keep running optimally day and night.
Makeen Energy Portugal S.A. is a major part of the MAKEEN Energy corporation, we team of 340 employees, with Service bases in the north of Portugal in Porto, Matosinhos and Perafita, and in the South in Aveiras de Cima, Almada, and Sines, where we handle everything from Projects to Service, Facility Management Contracts, Facility Services and Equipment sales.