Are you looking for a job in a global group with a vision for bridging gaps in the energy sector? And do you have experience researching complex technical matters and presenting them in a capturing and easily understandable way? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Our vision is to build an engaging, comprehensive, and professional Learning Management System (LMS) for the global group. The MAKEEN Energy LMS will make it possible for our employees, no matter where they are, to tap into training modules online and get instant learning.
Your primary tasks
You will be assigned to create content for the training modules with our remote LMS team. The topics could range from Engineering to Business related matters. Your primary tasks will include the following:
- Carefully study the available information (that may consist of videos, recorded webinars, power points, technical documentation, etc., delivered by our employees who are subject matter experts) and do extensive research to understand the topics thoroughly.
- If necessary, interview the subject matter experts to get extra information about the topics or how they wish to present them.
- Come up with ideas for storyboards and headlines for the training modules with the Project Manager.
- Draft content (in English) for the training modules, as agreed with the Project Manager.
- Create training modules on the LMS platform, aligning the presentation styles (e.g., typography) to the group business communication standards.
- Ensure that the content comprehensively covers the subject matter and that the learning process is enjoyable for users.
- Proofread content for the accuracy of all facts and English language usage.
- Develop user evaluation schemes for specific training modules (e.g., interactive quizzes, tests, and final examinations).
- Review training modules (once the Graphic Designer completes illustrations and layouts) with the team before publishing them on the LMS.
Functionally, you will report to the Head of Group People & Culture (Denmark), and locally you will report to the Head of Design and Technical Communication. You will sit with our professional technical communication team in Sri Lanka, with whom you may share knowledge and get support.
We are looking for a person with the following competencies and behavior:
- You have a proven track record in writing scientific/technical texts in English, e.g., for scientific/technical magazines, journals, social media, or Learning Management systems.
- You write perfect English and know how to present the text in fluent sentences with engaging headlines.
- You have a technical background as Engineer or like and will find it easy to study and understand technically complex products and applications and to transform such knowledge into easily understandable text.
- You are open to working with colleagues from other cultures and will thrive as part of a global online team.
- If you also have a flair for combining text and design, and also for basic e-learning principles, it will be a plus, but it is not required.
The teamwork in MAKEEN Energy is characterized by transparency, responsibility, respect, and passion. Therefore, it is important that you can and wish to support such a working environment.
We offer you
- Excellent working environment with exposure to a global team
- Opportunities to enhance your knowledge, skills, and exposure (overseas training)
- A remuneration package on par with your performance
- Package of employment benefits applicable to our company
How to apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org fwith some examples of your publications/drafts (applications without any work examples will be rejected).
- Application closing date: 30-05-2023
- Workplace: MAKEEN Energy Manufacturing Centre, Udupila-Delgoda, Sri Lanka
- Job type: Permanent