Would you like to work in an international company where you contribute to operational efficiency, as well as to the improvement of processes and activities both of an industrial nature and, above all, in the organizational structure of the different departments?
The role's primary objective is to oversee the management of projects, focusing on the execution and supervision of enhancements through the LEAN methodology across all company areas, thereby enhancing operational efficiency. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive support across the organization, serving as an advanced expert in refining processes and activities, with a focus on both industrial aspects and particularly the organizational structure across various departments.
The individual will be involved in shaping and advancing the Continuous Improvement Model, overseeing recognition and reward systems, promoting best practices, and conducting Benchmarking initiatives. This role also includes preparing and presenting scoreboards to the senior management, emphasizing the achievements and delineating forthcoming goals.
Responsibilities also encompass coordinating both internal and external audits concerning LEAN implementation and Continuous Improvement endeavors. The candidate will be expected to devise and execute comprehensive communication and information campaigns and initiatives. Furthermore, involvement in the conceptualization and design of training programs, rooted in the LEAN methodology, is a key aspect of this position.
- Design and implementation of high-level stock management procedures;
- Lead the implementation of Lean Principles in all Service & Maintenance Contracts;
- Create an internal benchmarking based on Operational Efficiency (ex: OEE) and Safety Standards;
- Monitor and facilitate the implementation of our operational excellence methods: performance data analysis, team development actions, performance management workflows.
- Help operation teams investigate and solve performance issues, on highest value-driving metrics
- Train management teams to Continuous Improvement processes and culture
- Participate in the construction and deployment of new processes, tools, or standard
- Continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, KPI's, 5S, lean, 6sigma, VSM, kaizen.
- Apply Continuous Improvement methodologies (i.e. LEAN) in initiatives ensuring that they are delivered seamlessly, on time and within scope.
The ideal candidate:
- Valuable additional training: Master in Operations Management or Certified in Lean Manufacturing
- Proactive and willing to travel
- Fluent English (mandatory)
- Strong analytic skills, capacity to handle large amounts of data, and multiple business models. Strong Excel skills. (mandatory)
- Previous successful experience in operational performance management (minimum 4 years), practical knowledge of Lean management, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or similar methodologies. (mandatory)
- Capacity to work simultaneously with multiple stakeholders and multiple lines of business.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, capacity to enforce strict standards while developing team spirit.
- Availability and sense of responsibility;
- Resilience ability and proactivity;
- Good teamwork skills.
The ideal candidate will possess robust interpersonal skills, demonstrating effective collaboration with team members. They should be adept at presenting to small groups and proficient in working with data and information. A proactive attitude towards participating in planned stops and changeovers is essential. Moreover, a commitment to personal growth and self-development pertinent to the role is required.
What we offer
Join a distinguished group where you will hold a position of significant responsibility and autonomy. As our new colleague, you'll find yourself in a stimulating and diverse role within an informal yet dedicated work environment, where commitment and a good sense of humor are highly valued. Our company is continuously evolving, changing, and innovating, offering our teams the freedom to be proactive and creative. We provide genuine career advancement opportunities and are deeply committed to fostering growth and development.
The practical things
Your daily base will be at Porto, Portugal. Your working hours will be in the space between 8 am and 5 pm.
You can start as soon as possible. Salary will be determined according to qualifications.