Are you looking for an opportunity where you can apply your chemical insight in plastic waste recycling? Join a committed team of specialists dedicated to our pyrolysis technology solutions.
About the EnviroTech team
Our engineering team of 50 highly specialized people is dedicated to inventing environmentally friendly technology. This includes an innovative plastic waste recycling solution and technology to turn end-of-life composite material into new products.
With our Plastcon project, we have experienced tremendous interest from the industry and growth over the last couple of years and are now executing our first full-scale plant.
As the newest department in the MAKEEN family, our products and solutions are innovative to the market and within our company. We are driven by a true start-up mentality with a very short distance from thought to action. Have a look at some of our projects.
Areas of responsibility
As our new polymer chemist, you will contribute with a deep understanding of the chemical processes in the pyrolysis technology, to optimize equipment design and production parameters. You will work closely together with specialists from product off-takers to help optimize the value of liquid- and gas products in the processes. Your chemical knowledge will contribute to critical decision-making in both the technical execution of the pyrolysis technology, as well as in our business model and strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting design- and process decisions with chemical input
- Data exploration and analysis to optimize process conditions
- Documentation of critical process investigations for hazard prevention
We will be looking for a person with a deep chemical understanding of polymer reactions, especially during thermal degradation processes. You are excellent at communicating complex chemical theory for non-chemists to understand how the processes impact the solutions.
We imagine that you;
- have a background in organic chemistry with a specialization within the polymer chemistry field
- join with more than 5 years of experience working in the pyrolysis or polymer industry responsible for chemical processes (e.g. rubber, epoxy, or similar polymer-based systems)
- have practical experience with pilot- or industrial-scale production
- have experience with analytical techniques and data exploration
- enjoy a fast-paced and changing environment
- are a strong team player and excellent relation-builder
- are proficient in English
What we offer
As our new colleague, we offer you an informal working environment characterized by very committed people. You will join our team of colleagues in the Project Engineering Group who are looking forward to welcoming you and sharing their knowledge with you. To give you the best possible start we will provide you with a detailed onboarding and introduction to MAKEEN Energy. We want you to feel at home as fast as possible.
At MAKEEN Energy, we proudly support your opportunities for further growth by offering e-learning and other study programs. You will also have access to an array of attractive benefits, such as massage, health and accident insurance, a healthy and tasty lunch and breakfast buffet, free e-bike and scooter rental, fitness, various discounts on shopping, and much more.
Finally, we have a wide variety of social events and sports activities to enjoy together with colleagues across departments and functions.